All the pages are round, like a lot of buttons. Each page features a button or buttons.
The top cover is made from hand painted and stamped paper, I used handmade button shaped stamps amongst other things. The letters were made from fun foam with art work stuck on top. these were stitched to the background. The ‘o’s in the book are art buttons, made from clear buttons and my art work. I used blanket stitch around the edges, this joins two pages together and hides all the backs of pages.
If you want a go at making art buttons a tutorial is on my other blog.
I used music and the excess paper from a sheet of postage stamps which I coloured slightly with an ink pad. I created all the different buttons.
The embroidery on the top two pages were for Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge. [blogged here]. I made the buttons above out of card and paper using a piece of the same artwork as the background.
Purchased buttons were used on the page below. The background is painted and collaged with a painted doily. I used running stitch to join these pages together.
If you have been following my other blog for quite a while you may have seen these two pages before. They used to be rectangular but I cut them round to include in the book. They were featured in a Cloth, paper, scissors magazine 
This page was created from an inkjet print of some of the fabric designs I did for a cheater quilt and I made the coordinating buttons to go with it.
I used a mix of papers for this, one inkjet [my design], one artwork and the spotty was a found paper. I confess that the buttons aren’t really buttons, they are faux buttons made from some recycled round foam [packaging?] and covered with my art work. I did a row of embroidery near the middle and used embroidery to hold two pages together.
On the other side is also a mix of papers, my art work to the left and some found papers to the right. The butterflies and flower paper was from a magazine and the spotty was wrapping paper. I painted a heart doily to go on top. The buttons were created from art work and clear buttons.
On this page is my artwork [stamped paper, I used a handmade rolling stamp], recycled gold Christmas hat, gold textured card, dyed lace and recycled buttons.
Once again stitched around the edges.
I’ll start by saying that the colours do not look quite as they do in real life. I have used some painted and textured paper for the background. The section in the middle is made from plastic and layered then painted [browns and various metallics on top], machine stitched and hand stitched. The buttons are bog standard recycled shirt buttons sewn on with metallic thread. I’ve couched some braid to the edges of the plastic.
Ripped and layered wrapping, decorative machine embroidery, art buttons [these were transferred laser prints, some not very successfully]
Artwork background [leaf printing], hand embroidery, these faux buttons are artwork wrapped around card discs.
On the background is some painted tissue-like paper over music [which doesn’t show up very well], printed ‘backwards’ text, and an ATC. The ATC is painted vilene, hand embroidery and art buttons.
The background for this one is a recycled altered photo which didn’t print very well, but I liked it anyway. Layered with dyed laces, hand embroidery and wooden buttons.
This one is layers of recycled envelopes, hand embroidery and art buttons.
This page was an acrylic painting on canvas paper. The yellow sun button is card stitched on with a decorative stitch.
The background was an inkjet print on glossy paper which I have had in a drawer for ages. I did some experiments on it with a liquid, water I think. It is also upside down, by mistake. I used vintage text for the art button.
More vintage images for these buttons and a thread wrapper. A painted receipt and squared paper with painted lace on top. Ribbon was applied and an image from a magazine was stitched to the background.
An inkjet print of some artwork [for an art quilt – this was the original drawing for it]. I made the carrot buttons from card.
This page is made up of an art background with hand made washi tape strips on the top. I used vintage buttons which I applied with embroidery. Stitched around the edges.
This is one of my digitally altered photos I created a few years ago and the button is an art button I created with a recycled envelope. Stitched around the edges.
Painted and stamped using handmade stamps and painted doily. Various art buttons – I used inkjet and laser prints. Stitched around the edges
The back cover – painted, stamped, outlined. There are no real buttons on the back.
Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Perspective | Lins Doodles
iv’e never seen anything like this! very cool!
Thank you. I’m wondering what shape to do next.
I find this book absolutely stunning!